1. Connect a 3.3V FTDI cable between the WIFI sensor and your Windows PC
Make sure you have crossed over TX and RX as shown by the red circle in the diagram
2. Set dip switch 3 and 4 (marked FLASH) to ON
3. Reset the device by setting dip switch 1 ON then OFF
5. The device will automatically restart after the new firmware is uploaded. Set dip switches 3 and 4 back to the OFF position.
6. Its generally a good idea to reset the device using the Reset button on the Login Details screen. Sometimes when we add new code we use different parts of the device memory so you may see erratic data displayed on the config screens. Resetting the device will reset the memory on the device to work with the new version. If the config screens are not visible you can also reset the device using the URL : http://192.168.4.1/reset
- Fixed issue with IOS devices having problems loading the SensorConfig page
- Fixed bug with sleep mode not working
1.9.4 BETA Release contains the latest relay functionality
- Allows the use of the PrivateEyePi token identity for greater security
- New setting to allow/disallow external control of the relays (GPIO)
- Integration with the new PrivateEyePi dashboard (www.privateeyepi.com/control.php) used to switch relays from the internet
1.9.3 BETA Relay & Multiple DS18B20 Sensor Release (obsolete rather use latest)
- Updated the http://your-ip/temp page to return all values when using multiple DS18B20 sensors. See here for more details.
1.9.2 BETA Relay & Multiple DS18B20 Sensor Release (obsolete rather use latest)
- Multiple DS18B20 follow wiring as described in figure 2 here, attach the data line to GPIO13 of the WIFI sensor
1.9.1 BETA Relay Release (obsolete rather use 1.9.4)
- Fixed a bug which causes the device to restart randomly, which causes the relay switches to reset
1.9 BETA Relay Release (obsolete rather use 1.9.4)
- Dashboard added as the home page that contains temperature, humidity and switches for the relay switches
- A configuration screen to add relay switches and associate descriptions for each relay
- Control the relays via the dashboard, PrivateEyePi rules, or URL (e.g. http://.../relayon?pin=12 , http://.../relayoff?pin=12)
1.8.1 Stable Release
- Bug with disabling AP mode fixed
1.8 Stable Release
- Miscellaneous bugs fixed
- Additional enhancements made for re-establishing WIFI connection when WIFI is intermittent
- Resolved AP mode disappearing after WIFI connection is dropped
- Re-connect the sensor to the WIFI network if it is dropped or out of range for some time. This mainly affects users who poll the WIFI sensor for temperature readings. When running the sensor with a cyclic temperature transmission ("Send to server" setting is set) the sensor will automatically re-establish a WIFi connection after it has been dropped.
- Ability to set a Static IP. This is also useful for users polling the sensor and don't want the IP address to change.
- Ability to disable AP mode. Once you have your device setup you can disable AP mode so that it no longer appears as a WIFI access point. I would advise you to set a static IP before disabling the AP.
- Fix to allow for blank WIFI password
- Fix for http://192.168.0.4/temp page when using DHT22 sensor
- Fix for IOS Safari browser which did not work. If you want a workaround that will work on v1.0-1.2 use a Chrome browser on Apple devices.
- Changed the wake up pin to GPIO 14
- Fixed bu where RAM reset when WIFI connection intermittent
- Better handling of intermittent WIFI connection to the internet
- Fixed bug where Fahrenheit temperature displaying centigrade symbol on the PrivateEyePi website
- Added a new webpage to display the temperature only (192.168.4.1/temp)
- Fixed bug where the server name on the config page did not save correctly
- Added support for Temperature and Humidity
- Added a new page (192.168.4.1/log) to view the error log
- Beta Release