Welcome to PrivateEyePi
This is a Raspberry Pi projects website aimed at the Raspberry Pi enthusiast wanting to build home security/automation systems and at the same time learn programming and electronics.
All software and source code we provide is free of charge can be copied, shared and modified without restriction. There are no charges for the alarm system or any of the projects. The parts you will need are described in the projects and can be sourced on your own or bought from the PrivateEyePi Store.
Support us by purchasing parts from the PrivateEyePi Store
- Build a home alarm system and link it to existing door contacts or alarm sensors
- Connect the alarm system to our server which will feed your own personal WWW dashboard, which is designed for mobile devices
- Use the dashboard to control your alarm system zones, and view alerts and activity logs
- Configure your Raspberry Pi to send email alerts to you whenever a alarm occurs
- Receive alerts and view your dashboard from you PC, smart phone or any device that has a browser and connection to the internet
- Webcam Surveillance Projects
- Create a surveillance monitor using any popular webcam and a Raspberry Pi
- Create a motion sensor from a webcam and a Raspberry Pi
- Create email alerts with pictures attached when motion is detected.
- Build a digital temperature gauge with the highly accurate DS18B20 or DHT22 sensor
- Display a temperature gauge and graph in Celsius (centigrade) or Fahrenheit on your dashboard
- Add as many temperature gauges as you like to your dashboard
- DS18B20 Temperature Project
- Multiple DS18B20 sensors can be connected to the same GPIO pin
- Does not support humidity
- DHT22 Project
- Multiple DHT22 sensors can be connected to multiple GPIO pins
- DHT22 does support humidity which is also displayed on the dashboard
- Wireless Sensor Projects
- Build a wireless temperature sensor, or a wireless door contact or panic button
- We have sourced high reliable wireless components that have very long battery life (over 1 million transmits from 1 battery) and very powerful radio frequency signal that can easily operate in and around your home.
- Highly secure encrypted communication
- The wireless modules can be programmed with different personalities
- No knowledge in wireless communications necessary the wireless modules communicate with each other using a light weight easy to understand text protocol (LLAP)
- Lowest price point on the market for this sophistication
- Visit the PrivateEyePi store to purchase the components
- RFu-328 Programmable Wireless Processor
- Develop your own wireless sensors and projects using this very versatile and compact chip.
- Wireless Relay Switch Project
- Switch multiple wireless relays around your house from your Raspberry Pi. You can use it to switch any electrical device (e.g. lights/fans) using a smartphone or browser.
- Wireless Motion Sensor Project
- Lean how to build your own wireless motion sensor
- Link the motion sensor to your PrivateEyePi alarm system
- Siren Project
- Attach a buzzer or external siren to the alarm system
- This project is dependent on you completing the alarm system project first
- Arm/Disarm using a switch
- Arm/Disarm your alarm using switches connected to your Raspberry Pi
- Auto restart the alarm if it is down
- Run the alarm as a background process
- Perfect to make your alarm system more robust and permanent
- 12 GPIO switch connections. Switches are connected to the screw terminals
- Pads are available on the board for the remaining 5 of 17 GPIO pins.
- GPIO header is broken out to twin row pads (convienent and fast access for more than single wire hookups)
- Construction is very easy (suitable even for children with basic soldering skills)
- Pick up points for the Pi 3.3v and 5v supply (flexible options for powering your project)
- Centre power rails (perfect for powering IC's and it eliminates lots of wiring)
- 2.54mm holes arranged in 3's (a really convenient layout)
- Switch a light on/off using your smart phone
- Utilizes a relay switch, GPIO ports, a light weight web server and JavaScipt running on Node.js
- Everything runs locally on your Raspberry Pi
- No programming skills required